The San Andreas Courts of Appeal crisis started when the Governor of San Andreas announced that the Second District Courts of Appeal of San Andreas (commonly referred to as Appellate Courts) was being temporarily suspended after claims of illegal judgement were filed largely by the Los Santos Police Department's Chief of Police, Kiril Sokolov. The Governor instructed Mayor Michael Kingsland of Los Santos to assemble a commission to discuss and investigate said claims and attempt to restructure the system, as the Second District Courts of Appeal is located in Los Santos. For more than a month, the Courts of Appeal remained closed, however, the Governor reappointed ex-Chief Justice Agosto Mercati on 19 January 2012, and the courts finally resumed.
- Prior to 6 December 2011: Alleged illegal judgement passed down by Courts of Appeal judges take place and are noticed by the Los Santos Police Department. Chief of Police Kiril Sokolov reports allegations to the Governor of San Andreas.
- 6 December 2011: Governor suspends the Second District Courts of Appeal.  Mayor of Los Santos, Michael Kingsland is selected to resolve the matter.
- 6 December 2011: Mayor Michael Kingsland calls a court review and requests the presence of at least 14 corresponding persons.
- 6 December 2011: Court review meeting postponed due to insufficient representation by requested attendees.
- 7 December 2011: Court review meeting takes place with the attendance of Mayor Michael Kingsland, Deputy Mayor Philip Winslow (briefly), Chief of Police Kiril Sokolov, Deputy Chief of Police Rashid Jamal, Sheriff Kylie Roberts, Assistant Sheriff Patsy Vercetti, Civil and Appeal Courts Judge Andrew Kingdon, Public Defender Eugene Boehner, Administrator Ryan Chief (formerly Supreme Court Judge) and Administrator Kenneth Harrison (Assistant Public Defender).
- 8 December 2011: Chief Justice Doug Washington is suspended for seven days and invited to resign pending investigation to illegal judgement passed down by possibly himself and subordinate judges.
- 8 December 2011: Chief Justice Doug Washington resigns.
- 11 December 2011: Chief Justice Doug Washington agrees to an interview with SAN, and accuses Mayor Michael Kingsland of being a communist and only doing Chief of Police Kiril Sokolov's biding.
- 18 January 2012: Governor reappoints ex-Chief Justice Agosto Mercati.
- 19 January 2012: Agosto Mercati reopens the Courts of Appeal and the crisis unofficially ends.